Cherry Tree Organics Chicken
There are few things quite as delicious and comforting as a perfectly roasted chicken. It’s the sort of food that connects people around the table for a long lunch or dinner.
That’s why Cherry Tree Organics is proud to offer the finest quality whole chickens for roasting, plus a variety of other cuts to suit every taste and occasion.
We source all our chicken from Bendele Farm, a like-minded organic family farm located approximately 1.5 hours from Noosa in picturesque South-East Queensland.
All Cherry Tree Organics’ chicken is:
- Australian Certified Organic, which means it’s free from chemical pesticides, growth promotants, herbicides, antibiotics and genetic modifications.
- Certified free range by Free Range Egg and Poultry Australia.
- Flavoursome, plump and juicy tasting, thanks to Bendele Farm’s ethical, organic and sustainable farming practices, which focus on raising birds slowly and naturally and with care.
- Packed with essential nutrients such as beta-carotene, zinc, protein, omega-3, vitamins B & C and more.
- Hand processed, where each bird is checked for quality, ensuring delicious organic chicken.
About Bendele Farm
Bendele Farm is a stunning 70 hectare certified organic family farm in Kilkivan, Queensland. The farm features the ideal blend of abundant fresh water, plenty of sunshine and refreshing cool coastal breezes.
Owners Sarah and Fred Sterns are dedicated to working with nature, not against it. This means they protect the existing environment by using sustainable farming techniques, just as nature intended.
The chicks at Bendele Farm are hand-reared under heat lamps until they’re old enough to explore the outside world. Then they’re free to roam on native and planted pasture, receiving a balanced certified organic diet and clean housing throughout their lives.
The certified organic grains our chickens are fed consists of a mixture of sorghum, wheat, soya, grit and essential vitamins & minerals.
Bendele Farm’s organic chickens grow for an average of 80 days, compared to as little as 35 days for commercial chickens. This method further contributes to their incredible taste and health benefits.